IMPLEMENTATION PHASE RESULTS
. Once the implementation phase is finished, the conclusions obtained are described below:
• BEWAT products are suitable for the chemical precipitation of phosphorus in urban WWTPs, reaching the established discharge limits.
• BEWAT products significantly improve effluent quality in terms of reducing Chemical Oxygen Demand, Suspended Solids and Conductivity.
Figure 1. Total phosphorus measurements determined in the treated water of one of the facilities where the full-scale implementation phase has taken place.
• BEWAT products allow to reduce the concentration of chlorides and iron in the effluent compared to the use of ferric chloride. This fact is of great importance in Dumping Authorizations with a limit to the concentration of chlorides and in countries where the legislation for the application of sludge limits the concentration of iron in their regulations.
• BEWAT products improve the sedimentability of the sludge in the secondary settling units (higher values of SSLMR), allowing to obtain different improvements such as a higher concentration of recirculated sludge with the consequent savings in pumping hours, improvement of the effluent quality by reducing the concentration of suspended solids in the supernatant and increasing the sludge loading capacity to the secondary sedimentation units.
• BEWAT products allow significant savings in the consumption of polyelectrolytes (flocculants) due to the improvement in the dryness of the feed sludge (sludge from the flotation units) to the dewatering equipment.